Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cover Letter

I agree with all of the points that have been provided through these websites. These few websites give a lot of good advice. The advice that I will probable use the most is "best use of a cover letter." This site gives much advice that contributes directly to a basic cover letter. It tells you how you should write the letter. It gives you the specifics of what should go into each paragraph. This site also tells you what you should target. You must not talk about yourself and how great you are, but should discuss how you can benefit the company. It refers to the cover letter as a product that you are trying to sell to a customer. The customer is the business where you are applying and the product is yourself.

There are a few things this tutorial discussed that I was not aware of which could help in making a better cover letter. I did not think you could add a p.s. into a cover letter. Now I realize it is a great addition. I would like to try this to add a little spice to my cover letter. I also did not know about the testimonial. This makes the cover letter very personal. The testimonial allows you to sell yourself to the company that you would like to work for.

No comments: