Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Family-Free Blog

For my free topic I want to talk about my family. My family means everything to me. I have one older sister. She is only 15 months older than me so we are pretty close. She is a cosmetologist and works in a salon and spa in Charleston. Not only is she a cosmetologist but she also sings in a band. She sings in a local band in Charleston that plays a lot of jazz and hip hop sort of music. My mom is a nurse at St. Francis Hospital in Charleston. My dad works at the ports in Charleston. My family is very close. Even my mom's side and my dad's side are very close with one another. We have lived in Charleston my entire life. My dad grew up in Charleston, but my mom moved around a lot. All my other family, for the most part, lives in Charleston or just outside of Charleston. We see each other a decent amount. Usually on Sundays we all go over to my uncle's house, grill out and lay by the pool. My neighbors are also pretty much a part of our family. They are from Philadelphia and moved to Charleston about five years ago. My family and there family hit it off and are now very good friends. My family is my backbone. We all support and are behind one another 100%.

1 comment:

Kelly C. said...

I wrote about my family for the free blog also! Clearly we are both very family-orientated and would get along excellently.