Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Dual Coding Theory

The first system in this theory is that people process the language. That is exactly what happens in this add. The first thing I notice is the words "We believe." Then I notice that it says "practice like champions." The second system is to process visual displays. Then I notice that this is written in a gym. But I also think that the two other statements are visual displays. We I look at this add it looks like someone painted the statement "practice like champions" on the wall above the door on the gym. I also kind of see the statement "we believe" as if the team is running out onto the field through that sign. The third system is to process the connection between the language and visual display. I think there is a strong connection because the language is the visual display. The last thing I would see is that it is a Nike add. Then I would realize that Nike is promoting belief in yourself and to play like champions.

No comments: